aw yeh finally gonna read th-
My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark // Vitamin String Quartet
i beg your pardon
i feel like this would be in a shrek movie during an intense part
whispering, “no,” at a character because you know they’re about to make a fool of themselves and kill you with second hand embarrassment
I dreamed a dream -Les Misérables/animation crossover
"what music do you like?" is such a stressful question like what do you want to know??? genres?? artists?? albums??? time periods?? 25 most played?? what i’m currently listening to??? what i listen to at different times of the day?? be more specific??????
Anonymous asked: Have any big plans for this Christmas season? -Secret Santa
Oh yeah for sure! i.e. staying in bed the entire day with laptop and snacks, and don’t get up until late afternoon
Just so you know school is actually really stressful for people who are good at school because the expectations are really high and if you do any single thing wrong or get less than an A you feel like a complete failure and even when you do everything right and try your hardest there are still people better than you and it just makes you feel like shit.
oh my god finally someone said it
Anonymous asked: i've never read the books and i saw catching fire and i thought peeta was weak, i'm sorry but that's what i got from the movie, he always needed to be saved: from the very start in the arena in the water, with the force field, when they ran from the fog, with the monkeys. like literally during danger in the arena he needed to be saved, he even failed to protect that guy who created the wire and then he got kidnapped at the end, which means everyone will try to save him in the next movie
Huum okay I don’t want to sound rude or anything but did we watch the same movie ?
- The water scene : He was fighting with another tribute who attacked him (maybe when he jumped into the water idk). And then he managed to kill him in the water so no he didn’t need to be saved
- The force field : the only reason Katniss knew about it was because Beetee told her when they were training at the Capitol (before the Games). Except for her, no one had any idea it was there. Had Finnick (or Mags) been leading, he would have gotten zapped too
- The fog : actually Katniss was the one who fell and Peeta went back to get her. He covered her body with his and took a lot of the gas. That’s why he had to be carried afterwards.
- The monkeys : again you are wrong. He was the 1st one to stab a monkey, and I’m pretty sure he was also the one who killed the monkey who was trying to drown Katniss (though I’m not 100% sure on this, might have been Finnick because I also remember his trident idk)
- "He failed to protect Beetee" : that wasn’t his job. His mission was to save Katniss. When he saw that the wire got cut, he went to find her
- Getting kidnapped by the Capitol : Like Haymitch said at the end, he was kidnapped because he still had his tracker whereas Johanna cut Katniss’. Obviously they were gonna save Katniss, she’s the Mockingjay, Finnick & Beetee were near her when she sent that arrow so they were saved too. The rest wasn’t so they couldn’t retrieve them as well. Does that mean Johanna is weak as well ? Because she was also captured
So no, Peeta didn’t “need to be saved all the time”. I agree that Katniss has saved his life plenty of times, and that’s what I love about her and their relationship. But what I love even more is that he has saved her plenty of times as well. Like when he gave the bread when they were younder. He also came up with the star crossed lovers strategy that got them sponsors, they would have died in the arena if they didn’t have those sponsors. he also saved Katniss from Cato in the 1st book/movie etc…
And onf of my favorite quote from Mockingjay “Because that’s what you and I do, protect each other.”
Free your lines and the rest will follow…or at least that’s the idea behind this notebook created by Marc Thomasset.
you don’t understand
this would fuck me up so badly because I wouldn’t be able to write outside of the lines and I would literally have to flip the notebook as I wrote because I am going to damn well make sure that my sentences follow those fucking lines
Imagine turning in a paper to your teacher using that.
… Y’see, now, y’see, I’m looking at this, thinking, squares fit together better than circles, so, say, if you wanted a box of donuts, a full box, you could probably fit more square donuts in than circle donuts if the circumference of the circle touched the each of the corners of the square donut.
So you might end up with more donuts.
But then I also think… Does the square or round donut have a greater donut volume? Is the number of donuts better than the entire donut mass as a whole?
A round donut with radius R1 occupies the same space as a square donut with side 2R1. If the center circle of a round donut has a radius R2 and the hole of a square donut has a side 2R2, then the area of a round donut is πR12 - πr22. The area of a square donut would be then 4R12 - 4R22. This doesn’t say much, but in general and throwing numbers, a full box of square donuts has more donut per donut than a full box of round donuts.
The interesting thing is knowing exactly how much more donut per donut we have. Assuming first a small center hole (R2 = R1/4) and replacing in the proper expressions, we have a 27,6% more donut in the square one (Round: 15πR12/16 ≃ 2,94R12, square: 15R12/4 = 3,75R12). Now, assuming a large center hole (R2 = 3R1/4) we have a 27,7% more donut in the square one (Round: 7πR12/16 ≃ 1,37R12, square: 7R12/4 = 1,75R12). This tells us that, approximately, we’ll have a 27% bigger donut if it’s square than if it’s round.
tl;dr: Square donuts have a 27% more donut per donut in the same space as a round one.
Thank you donut side of Tumblr.
If you ever feel bad just remeber there is a gif of me floating around tumblr of when I was 8 and I sat on the escalator and knocked down a table of jewelry at macys